Emma assists lawyers and law firms with:
Corporate, commercial, business, Intellectual property – trademarks (Not a trademark agent) + Copyright.
Legal services for a broad range of corporate/commercial + IP matters including but not limited to:
• Incorporation + organization
• corporate formation and structuring
• drafting standard business contracts
• corporate borrowing and debt restructuring
• mergers and acquisitions
• transaction management
• advising on general corporate governance issues and agreements
• Transactions such as: sale and purchase, financing, lending and borrowing, etc.);
• Limited Partnership Agreements and Unanimous Shareholder Agreements
• Non-Disclosure Agreements, Freelancer Agreements, etc
• Asset and share acquisition/disposition transactions
• Trademark knockout searches, preparing responses to Office Actions, Drafting + Filing trademark applications on behalf of a trademark agent, cease and desist letters, S.45 Expungement Applications, Statement of Opposition, Opinions, filing extensions etc.
• Copyright – Pre-clearance, acquisition, registration, strategy and enforcement, ADR
Legal research and writing such as:
• conducting general legal research and rendering legal opinions,
• legal articles
• Legal Contracts - Drafting, reviewing, commenting + Opinions.
• Civil Litigation- Motion materials,
Trial preparation such as:
• document review
• drafting examinations
Emma has worked and learnt alongside some of the top IP lawyers on Bay Street. Emma started her firm, ARISE Legal Services, in 2021 after getting her license and works with Startups and Medium -sized businesses. She wants to empower underrepresented entrepreneurs and help them grow sustainably. Emma is a dual-qualified lawyer practising in Ontario. 2 years of practicing litigation and corporate law in Pakistan. 6 years of experience as a paralegal and litigation assistant in trademarks and regulatory law in Canada and the UK. Currently completing an LLM (Intellectual Property) at OsgoodePD.
Languages: English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi